I’m feeling totally loved at the moment. The lovely Amber A Bardan of http://amberabardan.blogspot.com.au has nominated me for yet another award, The Liebster award.
Now, I do believe this is an award not to be scoffed at. It is given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers (i.e. yours truly).
It is to get the word out about their blogs and to show them some LURVE.
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you;
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator and create 11 questions for your nominees;
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserves to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
4. Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog.
11 Questions for me:
1. Describe your current MS in three sentences.
Uh…which one? LOL…I have about 5 or 6 current MS’s. Okay, I’ll go with the one I have no name for and I’ll do three dot points:
* It has a loose history tied to the book Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte.
* It has vampires in it (you have to guess who they are!).
* The MC is an Australian girl who has just finished year twelve and is headed to England for a gap year.
2. What is the most important thing you try to achieve within your own writing?
The voice. It is one thing I agonise over every time. Does the voice fit the character? Whose voice is the story written in? Does he sound a bit like a girl? DO I need to fix that?
3. What has been your biggest writing high?
Well, being un-agented and unpublished, never-mind unfinished, I think it was being asked to be part of the Aussie Owned and Read blogging team (launching in three days peeps…3 DAYS!!!!!)
4. What are your three favourite books?
Why only three, I have so many! Alright, in no particular order:
On The Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
5. What is the primary focus of your blog?
I guess to share my stuff. You know, thoughts, excerpts things I like. I like to talk…a lot. So I guess it helps with the word quota thing too LOL
6. Name three interesting bloggers/tweeters that you would like to know better.
Emily – @ekmarquart – she drinks tea…nuff said
Cassandra Page – @cassandrapage01 – she cracks me up…and if you crack me up then you’re a good egg in my book.
Lauren McKellar – @LaurenKMcKellar – I’m starting to get to know her better as we start alpha reading for each other (also she is one of the great minds behind Aussie Owned and Read – THREE DAYS PEOPLE!!!)
7. What is the single best piece of writing advice you have ever heard/read?
Read, read and read some more.
8. How would you sum up your writing experience?
SLLLOOOOOWWWWWWW. I always thought I would be able to bash out a novel in a couple of weeks. Boy was I wrong! Although, in saying that I have loved (almost) every minute of it.
9. What’s your plan for publication? Query agents, Submit direct to publishers or self pub and why?
Originally the plan was to go straight for self publishing. But I am thinking now that I might query first and self pub later.
10. What’s been your biggest challenge as a writer?
My self- confidence. It’s never been fantastic.
11. What keeps you going?
I have a dream…oh and my dad and hubby keep up the encouragement. It took hubby a long time to ‘get it’ but now he’s all “come on babe…you need to finish your book.” I think he just wants me to make some money already (even though that is not why I am doing it).
Okay, this part was really hard for me, as most of the people I was going to nominate are so freakin’ awesome they have already been nominated
Anyway, you should follow them at the very least, because they rock!
1. Tim Clarke
Writer of YA Fiction. Sourdough baker, Self-sufficiency wanabe..Public Service Escapee, pun maker, (also, he dislikes poor service as much as I do and he comes from Brisbane, which is only an hour from me!)
Blog: http://writer-tim.tumblr.com/ Twitter: writer_tim
2. Amy Cavenaugh
Blog: http://amycavenaugh.blogspot.com.au/ Twitter: @AmyCavenaugh
3. Abby Cavenaugh
Writer and chocolate eater – yes!
Blog: http://myupsndowns.wordpress.com/ Twitter: @abswrites
4. Chynna-Blue Scott
Aspiring writer and lover of the supernatural
Blog: http://chynnablueink.wordpress.com/ Twitter: @jordanchynna
5. K. A. Last
On the Aussie Owned and Read team and just released her novel “Fall for Me.”
Blog: http://www.kalastbooks.com.au/ Twitter: @KALastBooks
6. Katie Teller
YA author and another Aussie Owned and Read member!
Blog: http://kjhstories.blogspot.com.au/ Twitter: @KatieTeller1
7. Lauren McKellar
Editor and aspiring author and one of the masterminds behind Aussie Owned and Read (did I mention it is 3 days til launch?)
Blog: http://laurenswrittenword.wordpress.com/ Twitter: @LaurenKMcKellar
From the UK…that’s cool in itself.
Blog: http://itsjennythewren.wordpress.com/ Twitter: @jennybennyk
9. Alexandra Diane
She has amazing short stories on her blog!
Blog: http://Alexandradiane.com Twitter: @BareFoot_Writer
10. and I’m out of people I know LOL. Sorry.
Oh yes, it might be helpful to have some questions wouldn’t it?
1. What is your favourite genre to read and why?
2. Who is your all time favourite book bad guy?
3. What music do you listen to when you write, if any?
4. Who or what is your inspiration?
5. What is your writing goal for this year?
6. What outside distractions irritate you the most when you’re reading or writing?
7. Favourite place to read?
8. Favourite place to write?
9. If you could be any book character, who would you be and why?
10. Name one author you would love to meet in real life.
11. Start to finish when writing a MS? Or do you have several on the go at once?